Simi Valley resident since 1986, Southern California 3rd generation native.
Married to Catherine, 25 years. 4 Children
California Real Estate Salesperson License: #01224852 Since 1997
California Real Estate Broker’s License: #01224852 Since 2011
Conejo Simi Moorpark Association of Realtors Board Member & Elected as Director 2009-2011
California Real Estate Technology Services (CARETS) Director Appointed 2011-2012
Ventura County Regional Data Share MLS MLS Member
National Association of Realtors & California Association of Realtors Member
Keller Williams Agent Leadership Council 2009 – Present
Simi Valley Moorpark Association of Realtors Elected by peers to 2007-2009 Director Position. Budget and Finance Committee Member 2005, 2006 & 2007. Vendor Committee Member 2005 & 2006. Elected Treasurer for 2008 fiscal year.
High School: Graduate Notre Dame High School, Sherman Oaks, CA
College: Regis University, Denver Colorado: Communications
Moorpark College, Moorpark, California: Computer Science & Math
California State University at Northridge: Computer Science
1984- 1986 Ross Management, Los Angeles. Construction apprentice. Duties involved all aspects of residential remodel and construction of rental properties in west Los Angeles and the San Fernando Valley.
1986 – 1988 W.C. Mackel Inc. Assistant Construction Superintendent. Assisted the project superintendent with the construction of the Shopping Center at the NE corner of Stearns & Cochran, Simi Valley CA; .including the retail buildings at the rear of the Target Shopping center in Simi Valley.
1988 – 2000 Owner/Operator of the Gold’s Gym Simi Valley franchise. Responsible for 13,000 square foot health club facility, with over 2500 members annually and 40 employees.
1994 – 2003 The Mackel Company. Involved in all aspects of property management and commercial leasing for 3 commercial shopping centers with over 50 retail tenants, two office buildings and leased land. Construction Supervision, Commercial Financing, Apartment Financing and Single Family Residential Financing.
2003 – 2008 Century 21 The Elite Group. Salesperson. Residential and Commercial Sales. Commercial Leasing.
2008 – Present Keller Williams Realty Salesperson. Residential and Commercial Sales. Commercial Leasing. Representation of Corporate REO clients as listing agent. Experienced BPO provider in over 100 BPOs. Experience Short Sale Listing Agent.
2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Keller Williams Award for Sales
Century 21 Masters Diamond Award for 2007 Sales. Ranked in the Top 100 producers for 2007 Century 21 inland region.
Century 21 Masters Ruby Award for 2004 sales.
Century 21 Masters Centurion Award for 2005 Sales.
2011 Represented Engage Marketing in relocation & Industrial Building Purchase
2007 Represented National Drug works in relocating company to Simi Valley.
2005 – represented buyer in the 22.5 million dollar purchase of the Castle Hill Assisted Living Community in Thousand Oaks
2004 – Represented Simi Surgical Center for 10 year lease.
Organizations, Commitments & Community involvement:
2011 – 2013 Vice Chair & Chair – Simi Valley Neighborhood Council #3
Member – Simi Sunrise Rotary
Member – Business Network International. Past Vice President
Past Parish Council member – St. Peter Claver Parish, Simi Valley, CA
Past PTO vice President – St Rose of Lima School, Simi Valley, CA
2007 – Participant in Santa Maria Habitat for Humanity home build
2007-2008 – Grand Knight for Council 9410 Knights of Columbus
Advantages in working with Ted Mackel
- Computer Literate
- Heavy computer user for 20 years. Very high competence with Full versions of Adobe Acrobat & Photoshop.Digital Cameras, Scanners, OCR software, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and all other word processing software. PDA cell phones, text messaging, efax account and email – either web based or desktop driven.Registered subscriber to Winforms – residential real estate contracts and WinAIRforms – commercial real estate contracts.Subscriber to Loopnet.
- Full Time Producing Agent working with Active Buyers and Sellers.
- Creates real time market condition awareness.
- Long term investment property experience
- Contract negotiations with large corporations.Contract, LOI and purchase offer experience beyond standard boiler plate forms.
- Construction experience
- Deferred maintenance issues and property repairs will be better assessed
- Respected among peers
- Elected to Association and then selected to serve as Treasurer.
- Member of SoCal and VenturaCountyMultiple Listing Services
- Properties that border Los Angeles and VenturaCounties may not be included on both systems.Access to both systems is needed for proper evaluations to be conducted.
- Hands on
- With authorized access more detailed evaluations can be conducted when more than a drive-by is needed.
- Property Management Experience
- Dealing with tenants, hostile and non hostile.If there is a need to list and sell property you control; my above skills create a combination that is not matched by other agents in the industry.You get much more than a sign stuck in the front yard of your property and an MLS entry.
- Native local resident
- In-depth knowledge of the areas I serve.